Crimson Dawn Pack

Official site of the Crimson Dawn Pack

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Colors: New usergroup colors

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Windstrider
Admin

PostSubject: Colors: New usergroup colors   Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:09 pm

Based on the pack colors and their representations, which ones should have what color and why?

I changed them so we can see how they look but please comment your opinion, what you like, what you don't like, suggestions, etc.

To quote what I put on our pack thread:
Quote :

Shades of light blue and white represent the sky. The sky, for us, represents freedom, achievement, and new horizons.

Crimson represents courage, strength, and boldness. In everyone's heart is the potential for true courage and inner strength.

Gold, in addition to the crimson, represents courage and inner fire. It also represents the sun, timelessness, and friendship. True friendship is more precious than gold.

As represented by our colors, our family of friends is limitless, no less than blood relations, and more valuable than gold.

The red/crimson obviously won't have the issue of being too light to show up on here lol, but the blue and gold colors would need to be on the brighter and darker end so they show up.

I'm thinking maybe crimson for staff, and gold for all other members. Blue and white are already all over our site. Since gold represents friendship and how valued it is, and is different from the rest of our site's color scheme, it'd be appropriate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://crimsondawnpack.forumotion.com
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Colors: New usergroup colors   Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:53 pm

Nice but the one thing that seems to clash is the pack friends group color. Maybe an orange or a brown would work better, so that way its more of an earthy color.

"When I had to say that line 'It should be someone who loved her. And I'd do it for you.' to Danai, I thought of you so I could get the emotion right. Love you Meg." ~Chandler Riggs, on the emotional scene between Carl Grimes and Michonne
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Windstrider
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Colors: New usergroup colors   Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:37 pm

Ok, I'll experiment with some different orange or brown shades for it. Yeah I agree lol it kinda clashes xD

Edit: Trying a sort of burnt orange-brown color. How does it look?
Back to top Go down
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Colors: New usergroup colors   Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:33 pm

Looks great! ^^

"When I had to say that line 'It should be someone who loved her. And I'd do it for you.' to Danai, I thought of you so I could get the emotion right. Love you Meg." ~Chandler Riggs, on the emotional scene between Carl Grimes and Michonne
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Windstrider
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Colors: New usergroup colors   Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:37 pm

Cool, should I do anything with the site's appearance or nah? I'd keep the same style but use a dark red and charcoal palette if I did different colors.

Edit: I took a vid and screenshots of the entire list of the forum's current colors, so if I decide to test out any color palettes in the meantime, I can get everything back to the way is was if needed.
Back to top Go down
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Colors: New usergroup colors   Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:53 pm

Ah i love this!!! Very aappealing and attractive!! Now, my last concern is the site banner. What are your plans for that???

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Windstrider
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Colors: New usergroup colors   Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:56 am

Cool, glad it looks decent lol. Either a slideshow of pack/group pictures or the banner thing we talked about, with the lion-king style sun and reddish sky. Or maybe both, like that will be part of the slideshow. If I have time tomorrow (gotta pack for a trip this weekend) ima work on the custom/non-screenshot banner pic.
Back to top Go down
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Colors: New usergroup colors   Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:05 am

Oooh I likey lol. Yeah that sounds great, and take your time. Not trying to rush you lmao

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Windstrider
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Colors: New usergroup colors   Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:06 am

I know you're not rushing me. xD It's fine.
Back to top Go down
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Colors: New usergroup colors   Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:47 pm

Lol okay good. It looks amazing!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Windstrider
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Colors: New usergroup colors   Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:17 am

Thanks lol. And good news, my tablet appears to be working (I guess installing the new drivers worked); I just have to replace the worn-out nib now.
Back to top Go down
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Colors: New usergroup colors   Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:17 pm

Haha niiice.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Windstrider
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Colors: New usergroup colors   Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:30 pm

Ikr, it's nice to know that it works since that's the main thing I use for my art (using the mouse is tolerable for pixel art but otherwise...nope, I don't even bother bc I just get frustrated, waste loads of time, and end up with something crappy).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colors: New usergroup colors   

Back to top Go down

Colors: New usergroup colors
Page 1 of 1