Crimson Dawn Pack

Official site of the Crimson Dawn Pack

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

-IMPORTANT- Major changes; opinions?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Windstrider
Admin

PostSubject: -IMPORTANT- Major changes; opinions?   Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:42 pm

Ok since I'm pretty bad at making and sticking with specific themes, I'm gonna keep the Red Hills Pack story and rp stuff, but in the section for stories and rp.

If you guys really don't like these changes, let me know what and why.

I've put a poll for the pack name change and some ideas for other ones if yall don't like the current name choice. Please let me know if/why you like it or don't like it.

I'm doing this stuff to make our pack a bit more general and not stuck to one specific theme forever; of course, if there's a specific theme or rp you like, it is/can be in the rp section.

Last edited by Windstrider on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://crimsondawnpack.forumotion.com
Nico

PostSubject: Re: -IMPORTANT- Major changes; opinions?   Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:11 pm

I don't necessarily hate the name now, but I think something more vivid and bold sounding would attract more members. My personal favorite is...

The Crimson Dawn Pack
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Windstrider
Admin

PostSubject: Re: -IMPORTANT- Major changes; opinions?   Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:12 pm

Nico wrote:
I don't necessarily hate the name now, but I think something more vivid and bold sounding would attract more members. My personal favorite is...

The Crimson Dawn Pack
I like that; that's definitely an option (and might become the official name). We'll need a couple more ideas or opinions, but if nobody else says anything, I'll leave the opinions thing open but change the name and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Nico

PostSubject: Re: -IMPORTANT- Major changes; opinions?   Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:18 pm

Awesome! Also what exactly do you mean by theme??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Windstrider
Admin

PostSubject: Re: -IMPORTANT- Major changes; opinions?   Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:25 pm

I guess like the location, rp, 'look and feel', stuff like that. I figure instead of sticking to just one location/map and one wolf per person for the entire pack, why not generalize the pack and leave the 'specific/themed' stuff to the rp section lol.

Edit:

Here's some more name ideas. -shrug- Can't hurt lol
> (something) Summit Pack
> Diamond Peak Pack
> Quartz Peak Pack
> Blazing Dawn Pack
> Silver Peak Pack
Back to top Go down
Nico

PostSubject: Re: -IMPORTANT- Major changes; opinions?   Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:10 pm

Ah I see. I like Crimson Dawn or Blazing Dawn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Windstrider
Admin

PostSubject: Re: -IMPORTANT- Major changes; opinions?   Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:58 pm

I think Crimson Dawn is the best one so far.

I'll keep putting more out there just because I keep finding some lol but I'll probably go with Crimson Dawn if it remains the top choice. I'll probably change the site name and pack thread title to it tomorrow.

Thunder Falls sounds cool but kinda too specific since it implies a specific location, but idk. A couple more but I don't think they're as good as Crimson Dawn. Talon's Reach (that could be a location/FeralHeart map name tho), Sky Talons, Golden Dawn, Sky's Reach, or Misty Dawn.

Assuming we go with Crimson Dawn, I could add a pic to the banner that looks a bit like the Lion King sunrise but with a pine (or other North American tree) and some wolves as silhouettes.

Also, some pack colors ideas:

Mainly the first color-set because it matches our site and it's easy on the eyes, and it's conveniently sky-themed. The next (probably the last of the fiery+red sets) color set would emphasize the 'crimson' part and add an occasional color pop.

For the banner, it could look pretty neat to use the first set, then have text saying 'Crimson Dawn Pack' in the last color set, and have it bordered with the second color set or one of the gold ones at the end.

Last edited by Windstrider on Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nico

PostSubject: Re: -IMPORTANT- Major changes; opinions?   Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:40 am

Ooooh I like that idea!!! Yeah for the tree I would do wither a pine tree, or something like a sycamore or cedar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Windstrider
Admin

PostSubject: Re: -IMPORTANT- Major changes; opinions?   Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:45 am

Ok cool, so go through with the name change then?

Also I made a total derp. I went to the site but apparently I'd forgotten to log out yesterday; I was already logged in when I opened the page. So I guess I've been shown as 'online' for like 10+ hours... x'D
Back to top Go down
Nico

PostSubject: Re: -IMPORTANT- Major changes; opinions?   Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:06 pm

Hehe same. Yeah go ahead with name change. Wait which one we using???

"When I had to say that line 'It should be someone who loved her. And I'd do it for you.' to Danai, I thought of you so I could get the emotion right. Love you Meg." ~Chandler Riggs, on the emotional scene between Carl Grimes and Michonne
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Windstrider
Admin

PostSubject: Re: -IMPORTANT- Major changes; opinions?   Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:40 pm

Crimson Dawn. I think our FeralHeart map could be called Sky's Reach or Talon's Reach, since we're sky-themed.
Back to top Go down
Nico

PostSubject: Re: -IMPORTANT- Major changes; opinions?   Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:31 pm

Nice! Everything looks great. However i think that we should add the rule if no double posting to the general rules thread. Id have dobe it but i cant lmao

"When I had to say that line 'It should be someone who loved her. And I'd do it for you.' to Danai, I thought of you so I could get the emotion right. Love you Meg." ~Chandler Riggs, on the emotional scene between Carl Grimes and Michonne
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Windstrider
Admin

PostSubject: Re: -IMPORTANT- Major changes; opinions?   Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:18 am

Ok, ima go add that.
Back to top Go down
Nico

PostSubject: Re: -IMPORTANT- Major changes; opinions?   Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:18 pm

Ty lmao. It seems more put together uf we efit posts rather than double post dont you think?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Windstrider
Admin

PostSubject: Re: -IMPORTANT- Major changes; opinions?   Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:31 pm

Yeah, more organized. Having tons of consecutive posts from one person can end up looking like spam or at least looking a bit sloppy.
Back to top Go down
Nico

PostSubject: Re: -IMPORTANT- Major changes; opinions?   Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:42 pm

Ikr. Thanks for letting me be a mod.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Windstrider
Admin

PostSubject: Re: -IMPORTANT- Major changes; opinions?   Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:29 am

Yw, I picked a good person lol :3
Back to top Go down
Nico

PostSubject: Re: -IMPORTANT- Major changes; opinions?   Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:38 am

Ahahaha yay

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -IMPORTANT- Major changes; opinions?   

Back to top Go down

-IMPORTANT- Major changes; opinions?
Page 1 of 1